Although Bubblers come from any number of different time zones, and although I'm jumping the gun a little here (at least where I live), I just had to post this:

It's Finally Spring!!!!!!

True, I heard that April is expected to be colder than it normally is. (I'm not surprised, because I still worry that "May is the new February" - at least this year.) Still, this Winter from which we're (maybe) finally emerging has been (as far as I'm concerned) the longest, rottenist, Winter in history!.
So, even though it appears we can't be entirely sure that we're out of the proverbial woods as far as snow, ice and/or ridiculous cold go... at least the days are longer, brighter, and generally more Spring-like than, say, 10 degrees/wind-chill factor: 5 below zero (that type of thing).

Just a couple of Winters ago, March was filled with early buds and forsythia. This year, it's a good thing that Easter is in April; but even with that, I'm not sure that the Easter Bunny won't need a snowsuit (or ice cleats - or something).

In any case, while I, personally, declare it "Spring" every year on February 1, it's so much better when the rest of the world declares it to be Spring as well.

Of course, I can't say that Spring was in the air yesterday morning when I took a 7:30 a.m. walk to get the morning air, and that morning air was 14 degrees. And, I can't say it felt all that much like Spring earlier this evening when I tried an evening walk in that fresh air, and that fresh air was (I think) about 30 degrees. Oh well, we're getting there (maybe/I think anyway).

Images/Photos: ME Whelan