Talk About Putting Your Personal Business Online......

I can't believe that a picture of my real-life junk drawer was something for which I'd ever find artistic use; but somehow, it seemed just perfect for this particular blog.

What's This Junk In The Junk Drawer?

Sometimes I get in the mood to try write something, and it ends up turning into a whole lot more writing than I planned. I'll start writing, writing more, and then end up being interrupted, needing to do some "real work", or else just getting tired and having to stop.

My problem with this kind of thing is, though, that if I get on a roll when writing, and then if I stop (for one reason or another), I tend to lose interest. Some new thing to be spinning my wheels about comes along, and I'll start the whole process again. I reassure myself that it's not ADHD, because I'll often write for hours (not necessarily all at once, although I've been known to do the all-at-one-time kind of things too), truly believing I'm getting closer and closer to completing a piece of writing that will be really worthwhile. And then I never quite build up the same level of steam on the subject that I've had at the time I began writing.

Material on this site isn't stuff I'd recommend reading, because it won't be the least bit satisfying. Some of it goes on and on with all kinds of points to ponder - only to just stop short. It's horrible, and I shouldn't have it online.

Here's why I do: I need all these scraps and bits of writing in one place, where (if I do decide to go back and finished them) I can select from one post or another, and do whatever needs to be done to finish them. As it is, all this mish-mosh of stuff is everywhere - in my PC, on SD cards, on flash drivers, and on and on.

As with any junk drawer, I may or may not later have a use for whatever is found in this one. In my online-writing efforts, I'm re-organizing and re-thinking a lot of things; so this just seemed like a good idea to me. So, read if you want to - but I don't particularly recommend it.

Of course, everything on this site won't be unfinished. Once I get it started with some of the unfinished stuff, I'll be posting stuff that's actually finished - but that's truly junk (even more junk-ish than the unfinished ramblings I'm posting as starter posts).




Friday, February 18, 2011

Unfinished Thing on Finding Peace in One's Life

There are different terms used to describe a feeling of being a peace with oneself and in one's life:  "Inner peace", "peace-of-mind", "mental peace", or "peace at heart".  For the purposes of this Hub, I'm going to use the term, "peace".  It's easy to type, and readers will understand that I mean "inner peace" and not "world peace".

As a very logic-rooted person, I have turned the age-old question and spiritual longing of finding a sense of peace into a practical problem with a practical approach to solving it.

First you have to separate the two kinds of peace.  There is "genuine" inner peace, which involves our being at peace with who are in this life.  Then there is the "day-to-day" peace that comes when life is generally fine and without stresses and losses that make getting through the day more of a challenge.  I call the two difference types of peace, "core peace" and "day-to-day peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment